Match.com was seeking a creative way to release findings from their third annual “Singles in America” study to generate coverage from the blogger community and other members of the online press in advance of Valentine’s Day 2013.
One of their key goals for 2012 was positioning themselves as a shopping destination of choice for career-driven women.
Single Edition Media organized a Valentine’s Day double decker bus tour of Sweet Spots in New York City, concluding with a live and virtual press conference for online media by Match.com.
Unique Challenge & Quick Fix: As Winter storm NEMO blew in unexpectedly, it became evident that much of the Northeast would be shut down. Despite weather warnings, our intrepid bloggers, the event partners and Match.com all agreed to carry on. Less than 24-hours before the event, Single Edition Media received word that our contracted double-decker bus would not be operating. Our team immediately initiated a back up plan to ensure our virtual press conference would still broadcast to members of the media who were snowed in and others in remote locations. A recording of the presentation was also sent to members of the online media who could not tune-in for the virtual conference, which was critical in securing post-event coverage.
- On Saturday February 9, 2013 Match.com #SinglesinUSA surpassed #NEMO as a trending topic on Twitter.
- More than 400 tweets about #SinglesinUSA study were broadcast in 3 hours.
- More than 300,000+ Twitter impressions were generated in one day for #SingleinUSA by 100 contributors.
- The percent of “retweets” was 35+%. More than 100 of the tweets included links to the live stream and photos/video.
- More than 30 dedicated posts were published equaling 5million+ blog and 600K+ Twitter/Facebook impressions.