Super Salad Recipes for One
Spring is here and Summer’s more revealing clothing lurks not far behind. You want to look super but like many of us, have packed on a few pounds over Winter.
You’re old enough and wise enough to know that crash or crazy diets are no good for you, especially by the time supper rolls around. Eating sensibly is much more satisfying than starving yourself, and you can enjoy a super salad, as long as it properly prepared and portioned, for the same number of calories as something out of the blender.
With this in mind, SingleEdition.com has developed 3 Super Salad recipes that will get you in the mood for Spring. Enjoy!
Turkey, Endive and Fruity Walnut Salad
½ teaspoon mustard
¼ teaspoon honey
1 green onion, diced (white part only)
1 tablespoon olive oil,
2 Belgian endives
3 ounces roast turkey
1 ounce Swiss cheese
1 ounce pecans
Coarse salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey and green onion until well combined. Then whisk in the olive oil until thick, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Trim endives, discarding the base of each stem. Then slice each into ½ inch rounds.
3. Cut turkey and cheese into strips.
4. Place turkey and endives in large bowl and add dressing. Toss to coat with dressing and top with cheese and pecan mix.
Chicken Pesto and Baby Spinach Salad
1 pre-cooked chicken breast
5 black olives
5 cherry tomatoes
2 cups baby spinach
½ tablespoon prepared Pesto sauce
½ tablespoon mayonnaise
2 ounces Manchego cheese
1. Dice chicken into pieces about 3/4 inch and place in mixing bowl with spinach.
2. Cut olives and tomatoes in half and add to bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and pesto.
4. Toss chicken and salad with mayonnaise pesto mixutre and top with shards of Manchego cheese.
Field Greens with Pear, Grapes & Cheese
1 cup field greens
½ Anjou Pear
5 red grapes, halved
1 ounce Boursin cheese, crumbled
1 ounce packet pita chips
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Dash of salt and pepper
1. In large salad bowl, combine mixed greens, pear, grapes and pita chips.
2. In a small bowl, blend olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle the dressing over greens, then toss and top with crumbled cheese.
More Recipes for One from SingleEdition.com